Terms and Conditions
Canobie Lake Park Season Pass Program
Refund Policy: A Canobie Lake Park Season Pass is a revocable license and may be confiscated at any time with no refund of purchase price. Season Passes not used during the season are void. No refunds or credit will be given for unused Season Passes.
Sharing Policy: Canobie Lake Park Season Pass cards are non-transferable and may only be used by the specific individual to whom the Season Pass was assigned. Any attempt to gain admission to the Park using a Season Pass by a Guest to whom it was not originally issued will result in immediate termination of the Season Pass without refund or return. Season Passes cannot be resold. Reselling or attempting to allow another person to use your Season Pass constitutes theft of services from Canobie Lake Park. Any future attempts to obtain a new Season Pass may require a written explanation, personal meeting or security investigation.
Suspension: If a Season Passholder is suspected of violating any of these terms, any other rules, regulations or policies of Canobie Lake Park, Canobie Lake Park may suspend the Season Pass held by such person subject to Canobie Lake Park’s investigation of the alleged violation. Canobie Lake Park will not refund the Season Passholder during any such period of suspension. Upon the conclusion of the investigation and depending upon the findings of such investigation, the suspended Season Pass will either be reinstated or immediately revoked.
ID Cards: A physical Canobie Lake Park Season Pass is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, is not valid for cash, tickets, merchandise or credit cards of any kind and remains the property of Canobie Lake Park.
Replacement Pass: If a Canobie Lake Park Season Pass is lost, stolen, destroyed or forgotten, the card can be replaced for a non-refundable replacement fee of $10.00. If your Season Pass is lost or stolen please immediately report to Guest Services, the Welcome Center located behind Kiddie Land, or call (603) 893-3506. Minors must need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive a replacement Season Pass.
Upgrades: Guests within Canobie Lake Park may be given the opportunity to upgrade their current day’s ticket for a discounted rate. This fee is subject to change at any time.
Conditions of Entry: Canobie Lake Park reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke any season pass and deny admission at any time for any reason without notice or a refund. A Canobie Lake Park Season Pass is valid for only one entrance per valid day, and a re-admission hand stamp is required for same day re-entry. A Season Pass does not include admission to park areas not open to the general public. The cost of food, merchandise, games, pay-per-experience attractions, and special events are not included. A Canobie Lake Park Season Pass allows access to all rides (unless restricted by conditions which could ultimately prohibit someone from riding safely, including but not limited to height, weight, age, physical limitations such as pregnancy and heart conditions, or observed appropriate behavior), and shows and attractions on any regularly-scheduled operating day of the season. Please be advised that not all rides and attractions may be operational on the day of your visit and may close for weather conditions and mechanical issues.
Age Restrictions: Canobie Lake Park reserves the right to require that individuals 15 years of age or younger are required to attend with a parent/guardian/adult.
Code of Conduct: Canobie Lake Park strives to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere and hopes that Guests will treat each other with respect. Violation of Park rules and policies will result in immediate expulsion and possible suspension or revocation of Season Pass. A copy of our Park Policies is located on our website as well as listed in our Park Map. Conduct that is disorderly, disruptive or in poor taste is prohibited. Clothing with inappropriate/offensive words, phrases or graphics are prohibited. While at Canobie Lake Park (with the exception of Castaway Island, as appropriate), shirts and footwear with soles must be worn at all times. The Program Participant may also be removed from the Park for any misuse, failure to abide by applicable terms and conditions or conduct detrimental to the Park, including theft of property or services, violation of Federal, State and Local laws, assisting any person to obtain unauthorized entry, violation of Park rules and policies, safety procedures, vandalism, disorderly conduct, intoxication, and possession of intoxicating liquors (except as properly purchased within the Park with valid identification and used in a responsible manner), drugs or weapons. Cancellation or revocation of any benefits will result in automatic cancellation, suspension or revocation of your Season Pass.
Photography and Videography Usage: Entry into Canobie Lake Park constitutes your consent for any film, video or reproduction of your image and/or voice for any purpose whatsoever, without remuneration, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
Communications: Program Participants may receive periodic mailers, e-mails, newsletters and other communications about Canobie Lake Park, it’s affiliated products and services and select third-party offers including information about events, products, opportunities, services and special offers and discounts available. These communications may be sent by postal mail or by email, based on the contact information provided to Canobie Lake Park. You may opt out using a link at the bottom of each email. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to send you certain communications we will not be able to deliver any information to you about special Program Participant events and opportunities, or about products and services.
Updating Your Information: Changes in address, phone number and/or email address can be made at the Canobie Lake Park Welcome Center.
Photo Identification: Each Program Participant must have a photo associated with his/her account for identification purposes. A Season Passholder must have a valid Pass and a proper photo on file with Canobie Lake Park to grant admission. At this time, adults must replace their photos every three (3) years and children (under the age of 18) must update their photos every year. Further identification may be required at turnstiles or any in-Park point of sale upon request.
Assumption of Risk: Guest assumes the risks associated with the operation of all rides and attractions and should read and obey any and all safety signage, instructions and rules. Canobie Lake Park assumes no responsibility for accident or loss to any person in connection with the program or use of the Park, rides, and amusements or their entrance into or departure from the Park. Any claim of injury or loss by a Canobie Lake Park Program Participant at the shall be litigated in Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
Lost or Stolen Property: Canobie Lake Park is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- Canobie Lake Park is the sole owner of the information collected. We only have access to information that you voluntarily provide via email, submission forms or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to any contact from you. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order or award a prize.
- Your Access To and Control Over Information
- Information about you or your account will be provided by you to Canobie Lake Park for use in conjunction with the applicable program.
- You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by:
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each email.
- Calling 603-893-3506
- We take precautions to protect your information. We do not collect or ask you to submit sensitive information such as credit card data directly via our website, email newsletter or social media activities. Any data collected would be through you entering information onto a third party transaction portal falling under their own privacy and data use policies. Whatever information we collect from you is protected both online and offline using industry standards, etc.
- Only employees who need to perform a specific job (for example, customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The date is in a secure environment.
- Contact us immediately at 603-893-3506 with any data security concerns.
Terms and Conditions: All terms, conditions and benefits including, but not limited to, admission privileges, Blackout Dates, prices, Pass types, availability, parking locations, benefits and discounts are subject to restrictions, availability, and change or cancellation without notice at any time.